TMI is currently recruiting qualified nurses for a healthcare company, which manages six nursing homes in the area of Dublin, including homes in Clontarf, Killiney, Leeson, Nenagh. As nurse you are carrying out a range of duties to guarantee that the person centred care and well-being of residents is met satisfactorily, including supervision of all staff.
- Supervising and controlling staff in the course of their duties.
- Managing and monitoring arrangements for resident’s admissions and discharges.
- Supervise, control and control medications and drugs and ensure safe-keeping and proper loading in accordance with the Company’s policy on medication management and An Bord Altranais scope of practice.
- Ensure that Drug/Medication Rounds are carried out at their stated times and as laid down in the Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Develop individual care plans for residents using a person centred approach.
- Ensure that Care Notes and Care Plans are recorded accurately in a timely manner and that records are signed and dated.
- Observe and monitor the physical and mental well-being of residents including: condition of skin, pressure areas, incontinence and injuries.Try to resolve problems and guarantee appropriate treatment is given as outlined in the resident’s care plan.
- Ensure that the provision of care includes, where required, making contact with the appropriate GP and that any medication and/or treatment prescribed is administered as soon as possible.
- Carry out washing, bathing, showering, toileting and dressing residents.Request help from Care Assistants, work with them and delegate tasks if required.
- Supervise and serve residents meal times and feeding requirements and delegate tasks as required.
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene are maintained and that equipment is kept in a satisfactory condition and stored correctly.
- Assist D.O.N. and A/D.O.N. with in-house training and fire drill.
- Respond to emergency situations and direct residents and staff as required.
- Report complaints by residents, their relative or agent and staff to D.O.N. and A/D.O.N. accordingly.
- Report allegations or suspicions of abuse to D.O.N. Comply with the Company’s policy on abuse and whistleblowing.
- Comply with all other procedures as set out in the company Policies & Procedures Manual, Staff Notices and other - company information.
- Liase with residents relative/agent on their care and well-being as required.
- Perform other appropriate duties which D.O.N. or A/D.O.N. may request and attend staff meetings.
- In the absence of D.O.N or A/D.O.N. take charge and general responsibility for the home.
TMI, founded in 2001, is an international labor provider for hospitals, mental-health care institutions, clinics, out- of-hours GP surgeries and nursing homes. We supply a broad range of medical staff including medical doctors, specialized consultants and nurses. We are globally active in several countries, including the Netherlands, United Kingdom (regarding the NHS framework), Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Dutch Antilles, Surinam and the Middle-East.
Apply now or contact our Account Managers for more information!